So I’m writing this story about an angel that saves a boy from being recruited into a local gang.
And I’m writing a scene where I’ve had to do some research:
- What are gang slang terms?
- What types of guns are most commonly used by gangs?
- What drugs are most commonly sold/used by gang members?
- What types of cars are popular with gang members?
- What would a “tricked out” car have? (rims, lights, etc.)
- History of Bloods and Crips
- Known East Coast gangs
You get the idea…
Let’s just say I’ll be deleting my internet history after this story is finished! I don’t want Google to start sending me ads for… uhhh… gang paraphernalia or whatever. Yikes!
(And I’m not the only writer friend who’s concerned about this. This was dinnertime conversation the other night. Weird things we’ve had to look up for stories. A writer’s internet history can be a scary thing!)